Thursday, November 30, 2006

Physical Plant charging fee for AC

If it isn't already ridiculous that we all pay 30,000 dollars to attend Marietta College per year, it is absolutely ridiculous that the college can give you these littles charges to boost your yearly bill. Last year I decided to buy a parking pass for 40 dollars to park in the IGA lot. Well if any freshman has done this and received a red sticker, they know how I feel. Numerous times there were no parking spots on the red side, but 5 ft. from where I was supposed to park sits the blue lot. The blue lot always had about 10-15 open spots. If I decided to park in these spots I would receive a 30 dollar parking ticket. If I wanted to spare myself 30 dollars, I had to park about a mile away from my dorm. Now this year I received a bill in the mail, which is nothing new. However, on that bill I was charged for AC installation. Which would be fine if they actually installed my AC unit. The only thing they installed on my unit was a blue sticker that says something like property of Marietta College. I guess the Physical Plant decided that putting that little sticker on my unit was worth 25 dollars of their time, because that is the ridiculous price I was charged. Where does all this money the college makes off us students go?

1 comment:

Lyncee said...

There are many charges that we pay to attend to Marietta. However, you really don't have a choice but to pay the fee. I'm not even real sure where the money goes. I assume that it goes toward salaries, bills, and other expenses of the college. Since the college is private and receives no government funding, I can see why there may be certain charges. These charges are probably made to make up for the lost funding from the government.