Thursday, November 30, 2006

HP faces a lawsuit

HP has been accused of spying on board members and selling stock at inflated prices.
I’ve had an HP printer for several years now and have always been pleased with it, but following these alleged practices, I’m not sure I would buy from HP again. Between the legal costs and customers like myself, it makes me wonder how economically wise this move on HP’s part was and if the long term costs will outweigh the short term profits. What do you think?

1 comment:

Lyncee said...

I have always bought a HP printer, and have been satisfied. In my opinion, they are the best brand in the store. However, with these accusations, many sales may be lost because of the ethical violations. While some may refuse to buy from a company they cannot trust, sales may suffer. On the other hand, for those who prefer to buy based upon brand name, HP should not be hurt by this situation.