Thursday, November 30, 2006

Nintendo Wii, a blast from the past?

Recently the Playstation 3 and the Nintendo Wii were released in retail stores. The Playstation 3 has been the hot topic for most gamers. People who could get their hands on a PS3 were able to either keep the system, or sell it on ebay for an average of $1200. However, as a 20 year old male, I was introduced to the Nintendo when I was just a young boy. The nintendo released several great titles like Mario Bros, Zelda, and Excite Bike. Todays Nintendo Wii is bringing a combonation of old school games with an exciting new controller that is very interactive. The new controller almost takes the resemblance of the game you are playing. For example, if you are playing a tennis game, the controller becomes your raquet and you must swing the controller in attempt to return the ball. For a much cheaper price of $250, compared to the ridiculous price of the PS3 ($600), I feel like the Wii is a better buy right now. I believe that the Wii will grab the attention of old school gamers and also pick up some of its younger audience because of their pg titles that contain alot less violence.

1 comment:

Lyncee said...

I remember having the original Nintendo when I was a child. I would definitely love to have the Nintendo Wii because of the combination of old school games with newer games. In addition, it is much cheaper than the PS3. The new controller is also something that is different than the original controllers on the Play Stations. I think and hope that the Nintendo Wii will be a huge success. I would definitely like to have one!