Saturday, March 26, 2005

Tax Returns in Ohio - The money they don't send you

Recently, after filing my taxes for this year, I found out that I had a $2.00 tax return from the state of Ohio. However, I was informed that under a certain amount of money, the state of Ohio saw it as unneccessary to send that small of an amount of money back to me because it wasn't worth it to do so. I don't know too much about the entire system, but I wonder what would happen if I OWED IN $2.00. Would I be able to say, "No, I don't think it's worth it to send that small of an amount of money." What would happen?! I doubt I would get away with it. My other questions are: Do all states do this and what does the state do with the extra money that they so conveniently keep? If even 2,000 people in Ohio have a $2.00 refund, that's still an extra $4,000. Where does it go?

1 comment:

chadmcdaniel said...

I think the state is justified in not sending that much money out. The cost of sending that out cost compared to amount your recieving doesn't really make much sense.