Sunday, March 27, 2005

Hack a Mac! & Get Paid For it!

What is the quickest way to make $25,000? Well, hack into a mac and get that money!

"Mac and iPod peripheral maker DVForge Inc. recently sponsored a US$25,000 prize to be awarded to the first hacker who could infect two Macintosh computers owned by the company. Less than a day later the company announced the cancellation of the contest, citing legal concerns. "

I bet this could really raise some heads of those teenage computer hackers. However, is this really a good thing? I mean, heck- I know a skill or two.....but really, a $25,000 incentive would make me want to learn more of a "how to hack" idea.

Could this publication bring out more hackers, and make cyberspace more "hacker-fied"

Or, do you think this is a good way to provide defense against hacking- by offering a cash reward if it is done. It could be a very good job opportunity to the individual(s) who get this task done.(you'll know what I mean if you've ever seen the movie 'Catch me if you can')



No comments: