Monday, October 02, 2006

Gas Prices Are Finally Falling

Over the summer we were all experiencing gas prices near $3 a gallon. Well in the past eight weeks gas prices have fallen an average of about 73 cents, which I am sure has all drivers breathing a sigh of relief. However it gets even better, it is expected gas to continue falling, getting close to only $2 a gallon. Currently the cheapest gas prices are in cleveland with the cost being $2.08 a gallon, and the most expensive being in Las Angeles at $2.69 a gallon. The gas prices are falling all over the country anywhere from about 5 cents to 12 cents a week. Deisel is dropping also with an average of about $2.60 throughout the country.
I know I am personally very excited to hear that gas prices are falling, and look as if they will continue to fall for a while. I am just hoping the prices can stay low throughout the summer. And maybe never go up again, but that may just be wishful thinking.

1 comment:

katiedickson said...

This past week I filled up my car from empty and didn't even surpas $30 dollars!:) However, it seems that the drop has come to a serious slowdown the past two weeks. As rapid as the fall was at first, I feel selfish in noticing "hey, it stopped?!". Last I heard, the prices were expected to bottom out around $2 around Holloween time, just about a month earlier than last year's price drop, which was around Thanksgiving.