Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Wal-Mart

This post does not come from a website but is information provided to me by my brother who owns a Pharmacy. A drug vendor supplies the plastic bottles to pharmacies that they distribute your pills in. Wal-Mart uses the same vendor that my brothers pharmacy uses. The drug vendor charges Wal-Mart $10 per box of viles and my brothers pharmacy $33 per box. Before the vendor struck a deal with Wal-Mart my brothers pharmacy was only charged $22 a box. After the deal was made the vendor uped the price. My brother found out about the price Wal-Mart was being charged and called the vender and they now let him buy the viles at $10 a box. this is a great example of price discrimination. This only happens because Wal-Mart bullies the vending company around and makes them give them the viles at such a low price, then they try to stick someone else with the price. Now you know why Wal-Marts prices are lower than most others, because they get a lower, unfair price and get the smaller businesses stuck with higher prices.

No comments: