Sunday, January 30, 2005

MLB Steroid Policy

Not in any means do I condone steroid use, but I just don't see what's the big deal, and having to make an even more strict policy. Call me John Denver...but I don't ever recall hearing that steroids enhance a baseball players vision. If you've ever played baseball, everyone knows that the key to hitting isn't bat speed, but it's vision. I think that these professional athletes need a little more privacy, and shouldn't have to pee in a cup or give blood randomly. To me, it seems like the big leagues are trying to find any reason to bust and fine these players. The MLB needs to loosen up, and worry about turing baseball into an American past-time, because their ratings are shooting down. I feel very strongly that, these MLB superstars are making millions of people millions of dollars, and they don't need to be stripped of their dignity. The MLB needs to realize without these big name guys(Barry Bonds, Jason Jiambi...etc.) the MLBs numbers will drop even more severely than they are right now.

No comments: