Friday, January 28, 2005

Cell phone laws

The other day as I was driving home from class I heard an interesting news report on the radio. The government is trying to pass a law that will not allow teen drivers to use the cell phone while on the road. It doesn't matter if the phone is hands free or not. I looked for an article on this but was unable to come up with anything.

  • My thoughts on this are why just teens?
  • Are teens on cell phones the only people causing accidents?
  • Are teen drivers the only ones who use cell phones while driving?
I do feel that cell phones can be dangerous while on the road. I have experienced it by running my car into a ditch while trying to find my cell phone but that doesn't mean the cell phones are always the cause. If I wouldn't have ran my car into a ditch looking for my cell phone I probably would have put it in the ditch while looking for a cd.

Does that mean the government should ban the use of cds in the car? Maybe they should just up the driving age until 21. They claim we are adults at the age of 18 but we are still labeled as the dumb teenagers. Soon enough you will have to drive a car with no music and no distractions. Anything you have in the car must be put in the trunk so its only you and in the interior of the car. They may even pass a law that states teen drivers are not allowed to ride with one another.
Does anyone else just feel like they are picking on the young and inexperienced?

No comments: