Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sales up and down

The sales this year in retail stores have been a lot lower then last years. If you ever worked in retail stores around the holiday season anyone can say its not an eaisy job. Myself included has worked in retail around the holiday season for the last two years.
Its a proven fact that the colder the weather is the higher in percent retail stores are going up . Since the early warm weather in the month of January, this has caused much deficit to the sales. Recently the cold weather has improved sales darmastically. Sales has risen Wal Mart 2.2%, JCPenny 3.6%, and kohls 8.7%. So you can see change in tempature can play a major role in retail stores.

7 comments:

Lucy Lin said...

Yeah, it's true. According to people's need, the prices of the retail stores will switch.

Danny Cawley said...

I would agree that the type of weather outside plays a role on consumer behavior and retail store sales. I know that I normally shop during the winter time and I do not like to do any of that during the summer because I'd rather be outside doing something else. I can definately see how the temperature plays a direct role on the retail sales.

Cody said...

True. I can see that there would be a correlation between colder weather and an increase in shopping. People need to be able to occupy their time during the day, and since the temperature outside may prevent people from going outside, it is logical that people will spend their time doing activities indoors. And since most people enjoy buying things, shopping seems like a logical choice.

Brian H said...

Yes would agree to the post. By the weather being colder I can see why people shop instead of doing other activities. Also, a lot of people may need warmer clothing to help bare the cold temperatures outside. Going shopping is the only way to solve the problem.

Rachel Powell said...

I agree that the weather makes a difference on sales. Especially outlet malls. I worked at an outlet mall over break that is suffering because it has been so cold out.

Greg Delemeester said...

Yikes! Greg, you're going to have to either slow down in your writing or go back and take a refresher course in basic grammar and spelling.

Kelsey Horwell said...

I agree that weather can be a major factor in retail stores. I know I would much rather shop when it's warm outside and especially if it's warm in the winter. Weather can play a large role in places like Easton, where the stores are mostly located outside and customers must walk from outside to inside every few minutes when shopping.