Thursday, February 08, 2007

Driving the You-Tube Away From Internet?

According the news from Reuters, Google, after purchasing the video frequency sharing network You-Tube, announced Wednesday that the internet is anyway not where TV can grow on. Google promulgated a warning saying that to put the TV on to the internet for world wide use is not achievable. Since the ability of building the foundation of internet is limited even for Google. Google didn’t purchased You-Tube for preparing the protrusion of its own internet TV service. The reason is that they wanted to pursue more chances to cooperate with TV service entities so that they can put their search engine of video frequency and pertinent commercials into the high quality video frequency.
It’s a marginal decision to decide whether we’re going to develop more TV service on internet. Since the more we built the more we are going to pay for the construction of internet. We’ve already have You-Tube, Google Video, and Joost. Do we need more? The more we built the heavier the burden is on the internet. There is a possibility that one day the internet would be crushed down by suffering from the heavy flux. That is obvious a not very good deal. So what do you think of the TV service on the internet will be in future and are you a big fun of You-Tube?

6 comments:

VoiceItLoud said...

I think eventually everything in the world is going to end up on the internet. Everything has modernized and technology just keeps on expanding. One day we'll wake up and turn on a computer/television/telephone/mp3 player (and maybe even more devices) to check the local weather. So obviously the internet is going to have to expand and we're going to have to pay for it, like we do for everything else in society. I think that it will be nice to have multiple devices piled into one. I also think that television service on the internet will be just as common as television service coming through a cable into our house. I actually look forward to this society's modernization.

LAURA J. STENNAGER said...

Just recently I watched a television episode on the internet for my first time. I had missed an epsiode of my favorite show and the internet was my last resort. Although I was very thankful that I could watch my show on the computer I did not like it nearly as much as watching it on real tv. You would think that I would like the internet better because on the internet I can skip around to different parts of the show, or go through commercials. I may be old fashioned but I'm sticking to the tube, at least for now.

ashley wagner said...

I definitely agree that the technology in this world is getting out of hand, but I believe that advances are inevitable. I also recently watched the final episode of my favorite show on you-tube, as Maggie mentioned, but was very disappointed with the quality. However, I believe that these imperfections will be changed for the better in the near future.
I also see the ending of the television mass medium in the future which will be bad for that particular economy. I believe this because it will be an incentive to conveniently watch your favorite show on the internet.

Tian Yang said...

How about thinking about this problem in the view of Production Possibility Frontier? Imagine there is a graph with a curved line describing the relation between TV on-line and internet efficiency. Obviously, the higher quality of TV on-line causes a lower speed on the internet. Generally, people always want to keep internet efficiency not less than a basic level, but the internet TV service at that position—represented as a dot on the PPF—cannot fit people’s need so well now. However, there is no doubt that the flying development of technology will result in an outward shift of PPF, moving the dot to a desirable position in the same level of internet efficiency someday. Then, the visible advantages of internet TV service will emerge in multitude. So in my opinion, I strongly believe it is a huge potential market.

Noel Ockuly said...

I personally love YouTube and I watch videos on there everyday. I've watched entire T.V. shows and movies there. It's usually things that are hard to find and would cost too much to buy. It's easy and fun. That's why I was so afraid when I found out Google bought YouTube. I knew things would change and they definitely have. Almost all of the videos worth watching were removed from the site. I understand that the companies were planning on suing the site for using copyrighted material without permission but that was what made YouTube so great. It was convenient to have a supply of movies at my fingertips. But I guess we must all realize that there really is no free lunch.

JenWolfe said...

I believe that television should be allowed to air over the Internet, which is a great tool not only for commercial television use, but also for educational use. Personally, I enjoy the airing of past episodes of my favorite shows in case I missed them the first time around. I am also a fan of You-Tube, more for comedy than other television purposes. I am highly against strict regulation of the Internet, and believe that it is a violation of our freedoms to limit what can or cannot be on the Internet.