Sunday, February 27, 2005

Price inelasticity for NFL tickets

I was wondering what is the elasticity for NFL tickets for the fans. All the games I have watched since I've been here had the stadiums full of fans. So I found this article in CNN that says that the NFL tickets had an average increase of about 5% or more in this last season, but that didn't stop the fans to go to the games. I reached the conclution that the football fans have a price inelasticity , giving the team managers an advantage of charging more on the tickets in order to increase their profit.I believe that demand for the football tickets are very high and the population have a better financial situation, copmpared to other countries and other sports. As an example, in Brazil, when they raised the price of the soccer tickets, the amount of fans who attend the games fall dramatically that they had to put back the old price. It is aproof of economics working in the daily sports life.

No comments: