Monday, September 04, 2006

How do people like bankruptcy?

How much do you know about bankruptcy? Do you have or have you had any of the misconceptions listed below?

1. Everyone will know I've filed for bankruptcy.
2. All debts are wiped out in Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
3. I'll lose everything I have.
4. I'll never get credit again.
5. If you're married, both spouses have to file for bankruptcy.
6. It's really hard to file for bankruptcy.
7. Only deadbeats file for bankruptcy.
8. I don't want to include certain creditors in my filing because otherwise I can never pay them what I owe.
9. Filing for bankruptcy will improve my credit rating because all those debts will be gone.
10. You can't get rid of back taxes through bankruptcy.
11. You can only file for bankruptcy once.
12. I can max out all my credit cards, file for bankruptcy and never pay for the things I bought.
There is a kind of people who fear of bankruptcy. To them, vanity is much more important. They don’t want others to know they are filed bankruptcy, maybe because it is a symbol of “failure”. But actually, bankruptcy is a common economic means to get a lot of people out of trouble if they simply choose this way at a proper time. And some people do not choose to announce bankruptcy merely because they think bankruptcy will take away all the things they have had. However, according to the article, we know it will not cost you anything more to bankrupt, since bankruptcy itself is to help people get out of the trouble of debt with some of your mortgage. Considering some personal relationship, some people who decide to bankrupt do not have to worry about there would be no chance to repay their creditors.

On the contrary, another kind of people abuse bankruptcy. Before certain law was set up, some people take bankruptcy as their income by maxing out their cards or something. But as the law become increasingly precise, it is getting harder for people to bankrupt infinitely to lead their lives. However, the law is still not enough to prevent some people abuse bankruptcy. Can you think out any other suggestion to ameliorate the law?

No comments: