Saturday, April 23, 2005

MC Summer School vs. Community College

I know a lot of people including myself have thought about taking one or two courses during the summer to possibly get ahead. I am staying on campus over the summer and had planned on taking courses here at MC for somewhere around $270 per credit hour. Of course I thought this amount was crazy, but I was just going to deal with it. However, I heard that the community college in Marietta (Washington State Comm. Coll. www.wscc.edu) has classes for $67 per credit hour. Certain classes transfer equally if planned out. Is it really worth it to stay here and take classes? How many of you are taking classes at a community college at home??

1 comment:

Morgan K said...

I know it sounds crazy, but I'm taking a full load at MC over the summer. I thought about the community college thing, but what I need wasn't offered. However, the 270 is next to nothing compared to the 500 some we pay when averaged out over the fall and spring semesters. Now who is being cheated?