Friday, November 19, 2004

What is wrong with Monopoly Game

We learnt "Monopoly" lately, which made me remembered a game I played when I was a child. It is Parer Brother's board game Monopoly. It is considered as a game to teach children do business. I think most of you had ever played it. I forget specific details in this game. But I still remembered that I always lost in this game, and I felt boring about it, because I always could not decide what I want to buy or do but followed what the cards said. And when you want to buy something, there are only one seller who can decide price, and sometimes the cards will also have right to decide price. I thought I cannot be a business person, but now I am majoring in Economics. And I know the situation the game gave to us was not a real world. Most of the markets are competitive, there are many competitors, and government Macroeconomics control cannot always be effective. Now I feel interesting about this game, and I recommend this article http://www.mises.org/fullstory.aspx?control=1451. May be it can make you recollect something in your childhood.

No comments: