Friday, July 21, 2006

monopoly

Since we begin to learn Chapter 14 monopoly, it reminds me a phenomenon I saw when I visited Disneyland. I wanted to buy some presents as souvenir to my friends from Disneyland, but what I bought such as key chains, rings, and earrings were all made in China. As the matter of fact, these kinds of small merchandises could be very cheap in China. However, nowhere else is selling them except Disneyland. The two disadvantages I felt about this were that we have to spend more money to buy the same thing which is actually cheap and we can not find them in any other places. The positive aspect for the market is that consumers still buy them with more unnecessary money due to the symbol of Disneyland. What do you think about this phenomenon? Does it good for the development of economy?

No comments: