Friday, July 21, 2006

HIRING

Since I am doing an intern of one month in BMW Brilliance Automotive Ltd, which is a joint venture established between BMW group and Brilliance China Automotive Holdings, I find out that almost one fifth of nearly 200 employees are interns. The wage of an official employee is more than five times as an intern. According to that, I am thinking that if the company expects to save their expenditure to hire many interns. My mission is just finish whatever they send me to do, such as typing, copy, packing up documents, apply payment form and render account. But I am available most of the time and not knowing what to do. During the chat with other interns, I realize that other interns face to the same question as me. In that case, if hiring an official employee who owns more professional knowledge and be able to do more major stuff is better than hiring many interns who can just do some trivia. Another totally opposite phenomenon in this company is that just two lawyers are in legal department in Beijing office. They undertake the whole thing of law and are always overtime to eight or nine o’clock. Their wages are obviously much higher than us, but I feel that that is an effective way instead. Considering of the benefit of economy of a company, which way is better? Hiring less people who are more professional or hiring many interns who do not have many work to do?

No comments: