Sunday, July 09, 2006

Alaska?

The last time that I got gas it was $3.09. I have never seen it that high. I was talking to a friend and they told me about the situation in Alaska. They said that oil companies only want 4 acres of reserved land to drill for oil and that the reserve is hundreds of acres. I don't understand why we don't drill in Alaska. It seems that when I hear about Alaska, I am told that we can't drill because it is reserved land but they seem to forget to tell us that it is only a very small amount. Also I just visited a friend in Pittsburgh. The family owns over 300 acres and has six oil wells on the property. I'm sure that there are others like this. I don't see why we don't use that oil. If there is more supply with the same demand then the proces can finally go down.


This post was for the second section, that's why the material is from there. I had computer troubles.

No comments: